AMAZAON, please stop visiting my blog.
i dont want to be a hyperactive token
12 ”Surprising” Facts About Non-Monogamy
1. People in CNM relationships may be more prevalent than gay people.
2. Up to 40% of men and up to 25% of women might consider CNM.
3. Desire for (non)monogamy exists on a continuum.
4. Stigma against CNM is strong, robust, and incredibly pervasive.
5. This stigma is so pervasive, that even people who are themselves in a CNM relationship think that CNM is inferior to monogamy.
6. Not all CNM types are perceived as equally bad.
7. When having sex with other people, CNM folks are more responsible regarding health than supposedly monogamous people who are cheating.
8. As a result, CNM people do not report more sexually transmitted infections than monogamous folks. As I reported in a recent Playboy article, unpublished data presented at by Justin Lehmiller suggests that people in CNM relationships report virtually identical rates of STIs as those in monogamous relationships – about 20%.
9. Swingers report more exciting and satisfying lives — sexually and otherwise — than the general population.
10. People in CNM relationships experience less jealousy than those in monogamous relationships.
11. CNM couples usually report similar (and sometimes higher) relationship quality than monogamous couples.
12. Perhaps more critically, it may be the lying and hiding that’s linked to worse relationships.
There is so much more to be learned about CNM and the people involved in it, but science is finally starting to ask these questions.
My sister always says I am more likely to get STI’s etc coz we probably are having sex with more people. I knew this wasn’t true (the STI part).